What is the treatment for constantly reoccuring black and white heads?

I have these clogged pores that are constantly reoccuring, mainly on my forhead and cheeks chin and part of my nose, coming out they look like white worms! Im constantly doing chemical peels and getting extractions to keep them undercontrol and they do get rid of them but they always come back idk what to do! If I go to the dermatologist they will just give me a topical that doesnt work! Benzyl peroxide and acids sometime over dry me making it worse!
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Comedones- Suggestion Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. From your description it seems like you are having black heads ( closed comedones). You have acne. Acne is due to your adolescent hormones and you will continue to have it till that hormonal influence is over. It might be 28 yrs or 30 yrs or even 32. So cure till then is difficult, but by regular treatment control is possible. Avoid creams on your face. Diet is important. Decrease milk and milk products like cheese, chocolates, sweets, sugary foods and drinks. Eat a lot of fruits rich in vitamin A (Anything with color). Benzoyl peroxide is a good medicine for preventing new black heads, If you were using 5% , decrease the concentration to 2.5%. If you were using 2.5 % then decrease the contact period to 2 hours and then wash it off to avoid dryness. You may also go for salicylic peel every two weeks ( cosmetic procedure) done by cosmetic dermatologist for 4 to 6 sittings. Hope this helped, If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care