Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for constant ringing in my ear?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1110 Questions
Question
Hi I had a grommet fitted in my ear in August. I have had constant ringing ever since. Also my gland under the ear has never really gone down and is still swollen. Now that the colder weather is here my ear aches. Doctor says that there is still fluid in my ear. If im honest nothing has really changed since i first went to see my specialist before i had the grommet fitted. Any ideas ?
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
 
 
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ringing in your ear may be due to the grommet inse Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, The ringing in your ear may be due to grommet insertion. If there is no improvement after this long period of about 5 months then surely consult your doctor and review the status of your disease and grommet. For your kind information---> Grommet insertion is successful in about 70 per cent of patients. The remaining 30 per cent might need the grommet re-inserted on one or more occasions. Occasionally people notice a popping or clicking in the ears. This is not harmful and is expected and you should not worry about it. There is a 2 to 3 per cent chance that following the insertion and removal of the grommet the ear drum will develop a hole that doesn’t heal well. Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
 
Follow-up: What is the treatment for constant ringing in my ear? 40 minutes later
what about the fluid and swollen gland . should this have improved by now . Some days are better than others. I have been using a nasal spray which doesnt seem to make much difference. .
 
 
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Infection may be persistent Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the persistent infection of the ear. This may be the possible cause of your fluid and swollen gland. For this please review your medicine and the status of your disease and grommet by your treating doctor. Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
 
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor