What is the treatment for cold, cough and throat pain?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
Hello! Dr. Since yesterday i have cold, caught and throat pain. My voice is low and changed...
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 31 minutes later
hello XXXXXXX and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem. You seem to have caught a common cold and am sure it will go away within a week. Meanwhile you can do these: -take only warm food and fluids and do not take anything cold - do steam inhalation with menthol at least three times in a day for a week - avoid head bath till you feel better - for your pain you can take a painkiller like paracetamol and for the allergy an antihistamine like levocetrizine. Your doctor will know about these - take voice rest as if you strain then your voice can become sore. So do not scream or whisper and do not speak for long time - do regular salt water gargle at least three times in day - if you are not diabetic you can use over the counter lozenges or even honey to soothe your throat - always have a glass of warm water handy and never allow your throat to become dry - hydrate yourself properly and with warm water You should become better within a week but if you are not feeling better and if your symptoms are worsening then you must contact an ENT surgeon Hope your doubts are clear and I will be happy to answer any more doubts get well soon and have a great recovery regards Dr Sriram Nathan