What is the treatment for clitoral atrophy caused due to estrogen deficiency?

I am in good health and 59 yrs old. having clitoral atrophy. Is it caused from not enough estrogen or testerone or both. Going for GYN exam in 2 weeks, I hope the MD is able to treat this. Last year the MD thought it was funny. I am seeing a different MD this year.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due to estrogen deficiency. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The clitoral atrophy in postmenopausal women is commonly caused by estrogen deficiency. It is usually associated with vaginal atrophy and vaginal dryness also. It is a common postmenopausal change and can be effectively treated. Low-dose minimally absorbed local estrogen products can be used which have excellent tolerance and low side-effect profile to treat this condition. You can get it prescribed from your gynecologist. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL