What is the treatment for chronic pain caused due to herniation and bulge in L4 L5 S1?
User rating for this question
L4 L5 S1 bulge and herniation chronic pain ? Treatment?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Medication like methylcobalamine,and physiotherapy Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. To my patients with similar problems I offer the following line of treatment: 1. Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic. They bring down the pain. It can be taken for a few days to weeks as decided by the treating doctor. 2. Some exercises which include spine extension exercises, lying on your stomach flat lift leg 6 inches from ground, do it for other leg. Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help. 3. Physiotherapy - TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. You can contact a physiotherapist nearby and discuss about TENS / ultrasound therapy. Besides these, I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. If MRI shows disc compressing on nerve root then surgical decompression is permanent solution. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care.
People also viewed
- Blood clot cause by injury
- What causes blood clots falling
- No herniation chronic pain in thoracic what are treatment options
- Treatment and cure for Chronic pain
- Bone protrusion around eyebrow
- Can excessive vomiting cause a blood clot
- Facial bones hurt around left eye
- Unwanted bone growth face
- Can weed cause blood clots
- Feeling pain inside the bones
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain
- Opioid treatment for chronic pain
- Does oxielite pro cause blood clots
- Fatty pelvic bone growth
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain due to back surgery