Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the treatment for child having abdominal pain and kidney stone causing obstruction?

good evening doctor my son 13yrs old mr XXXXXXX ,according to usg abdomen report has stone size 7x4mmat puj left kidney with mild hydronephrosis.In right kidney 3x4mm ,2 non obstructive calculai. He gets frequantly abdomen pain on left side in the back area. please tell me what is the treatment for my son?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Left Renal calculi needs to be removed Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like your son has small kidney stones in both the kidneys but the stone in the left kidney is causing obstruction. This is the reason behind his frequent abdominal pain Here are my suggestions to you 1. Approach a urologist, since the kidney stone is small he might to need any surgeries, shockwave lithotripsy can be used to blast the kidneys. ( It is not painful and can be done as an outpatient) 2. As him to drink lots of water. Atleast 8 glasses per day 3. He should consume food with less calcium content in them. Foods rich in calcium are leafy vegetables, cabbage and seeds. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish him a speedy recovery Regards