What is the treatment for chapped lips ?

I have accidently ripped quite a bit of skin off my lips which resulted in scabbing. After the scab came off today, the skin on my lip is pink and not the colour of the rest of lips at all. Will it return to the natural colour eventualy?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 52 minutes later

Thanks for query.

Yes,your lip color will be normal in a few days.The skin of lips is different than other parts of the body.It contains fewer layers as compared to rest of the body.

The red color that you normally see is because of underlying blood vessels. It is normal for the lips to look pale after an injury, but it is expected that they will regain the normal color and texture with the completion of healing process.

There is no reason to worry.

Meanwhile I suggest you to avoid smoking , alcohol and spicy food for a few days.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.