What is the treatment for burning sensation on the tip of my tongue?

ENT Specialist
I have a burning sensation on the tip of my tongue
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Aging Xerostomia Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query, it suggests that you may be suffering from the aging xerostomia (dry mouth) and this is responsible for your symptom i.e. burning tongue. For your kind information---> Burning tongue is not related to anything serious, such as cancer or AIDS. Furthermore, it is not contagious-it can't be passed from one person to another. Dry mouth (xerostomia) condition can be related to use of certain medications such as tricyclic antidepressants, lithium, diuretics and antihypertensive drugs. It can also occur with aging, geographic tongue and nutritional deficiencies. There are a few uncommon diseases which should be tested such as anemia, diabetes and oral yeast infections. Treatment depends on the underlying cause, if they can be identified. You may be able to correct nutritional deficiencies by taking supplements of B vitamins and minerals such as zinc and iron and also drink lot of fluids. Better to consult the ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management. Wish you good health