What is the treatment for burning sensation and bleeding in anal area during urination?

From last two days i can see fresh blood in anal area during urination or motion. But no pain at all very slight burning sensation doctor has diagnosed and says no sphincter or mass of muscle but fresh blood. Given two medicine ruticool Ointment, cremaffin syrup and has asked to do colonoscopy. Please suggest. Dont want to do colonoscopy. Last one week i was taking a medicine for allergy couch and cold. is that has any input
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Blood in stools should be first investigated by less invasive tests like anoscopy, rectoscopy along with digital examination. A few sets of blood tests should also be undertaken. It should be evaluated by an experienced surgeon. Mostly it seems like hemorrhoids or some inflammation of the lower gastro-intestinal tract. Hemorrhoid can be diagnosed on local examination. A condition of the colon will need colonoscopy. Since your doctor has locally examined you and ruled out hemorrhoids, that is why he has recommended colonoscopy. Colonoscopy is the best test to diagnose colon-related bleeds. Most bleeds stop spontaneously. You always have the option to wait and watch. But if you need a definitive diagnosis then colonoscopy is needed. Cough and cold medicine is not associated with bleed per rectum. Take care Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: What is the treatment for burning sensation and bleeding in anal area during urination? 1 hour later
hi doc.....thanks a lot for d ans. I dont want to go for colonoscopy...... I have staryef eating boiled food and using ruticool ointment given by doc......the med I was talking to u was levocetrizine XXXXXXX and montelukast tablet for my sesonal cough cold and allergy. I am waiting....... any measures to be tsken..... pls suggest
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again I will advise the following: 1. Avoid taking raw vegetables and fruit. Taking liquid diet is better until your bleeding spot heals. 2. If bleeding does not stop in 1 - 2 days or the bleeding is too much, then you will have to listen to your doctor. 3. Drink pure water from reverse osmosis technique 4. Keep a track of your hemoglobin levels and hematocrit in blood tests. Montelukast can cause bleeding from rectum and you need to discontinue it and approach your doctor about alternative medicines for cough and cold. For common cetirizine is good enough. Hope it helps Dr Vaishalee