What is the treatment for bumps on my penis?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have atached a picture of this bump on my penis can you tell me what it is.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Herpes Progenitalis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. The picture sent by is not very clear. I am not able to see the bumps distinctly. But able to see few less pigmented patchy area, which I assume it could be vesicles containing clear fluid. Then it could be a case of HSV2 ( Genital Herpes) infection, one of the STDs. If you consult a Dermatologist or a Genito-urinary physician, he will treat you easily with appropriate Anti viral drugs. It is better to rule-out the possibilities of other STD/HIV by blood tests. Safe sex always offers you a high degree of protection in your future. Get well soon Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: What is the treatment for bumps on my penis? 1 hour later
It is only one bump and it is easyer to see when it is erect .
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Cyst or a furucle are the possibilities. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. If it is a single bump,then it is unlikely to be due to HSV2. How long you are having this? If it is a long duration without pain it could be a cyst from skin. It will not do any harm. If you want to remove the same it has to be surgically treated with excision or cauterization. If it is short duration and contains pus it may be a furuncle or hair folliculitis (rare in penile skin). A dermatologist after examination will be able to diagnose the same. Nothing much to worry. Dr S.Murugan