What is the treatment for bumps above my pubic region?

I have a huge bump right above my pubic hairs where I put my pants and it hurts really bad. What do I do? What is it?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is apparently a Staph infection of deeper skin Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I have seen the picture uploaded by you. Though clinical examination of the bump is required to make a firm diagnosis, it is however, most likely Cellulitis (Staph infection of the deeper layers/tissues under the skin. This usually occurs due to either, * friction over the skin by the elastic band of the pants, or * Shaving of the pubic region This causes a breach of the skin with consequent invasion of Staph bacteria (normally present over the skin) into the tissues underlying the skin. A 7-10 days' course of appropriate antibiotics, specific to Staph infection, along with a short course of anti-inflammatory pain-killers will cure the infection. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order tests if required, and prescribe suitable medicines in effective doses, as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, young lady, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal