What is the treatment for bulge in nasal bone?
User rating for this question
Doc, my nasal bone bulged inside, pls what could be the cause? Is there anyway of pushing it out a bit? It gives me low self esteem.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: A rhinoplasty will correct the problem Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Your nasal dorsum has a depression in the bony part. If it is developmental, the solution is augmentation of this area using a graft or implant that is an augmentation rhinoplasty. If it is post trauma, the treatment is rhinoplasty. If there is no history of trauma and also it was not there as the face developed/grew, the acquired causes of nasal dorsum depression should be looked for. Most of these causes are granulomatous diseases and the diagnosis involves a complete examination of nose and body and few investigations like erythrocyte sedimentation rate, endoscopic examination and if need by biopsy. In every possibility, you need to see an ENT. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for bulge in nasal bone? 1 hour later
Thank you very much Doc. Pls do you mean it can be corrected 100%? About how much can it cost me if you were the one to handle it?will it keep worsening if i dont treat it asap?pls i need your response. Thanks .
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 8 hours later
Brief Answer: first get the cause diagnosed Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Yes it can be corrected reasonably well with surgery. If I were to do it in my set up, the approximate cost involved will be between 1000 - 1100 US $. But please mind one thing, if it is something which has developed recently without any trauma and is gradually progressive, you first need to get the cause diagnosed. There must be some underlying disease which is leading to this depression. So, you need to consult an ENT. A recent onset nasal depression without any reason is not usually there and granulomatous diseases should be ruled out first before surgery. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for bulge in nasal bone? 34 hours later
It didnt actually developed recently. I noticed it 20years ago. I was thinking its effect of too much reading or hereditary. But i dont really know if its progressive .
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rhinoplasty is the answer Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. If you noticed it 20 years ago, it must have been before also. So, rhinoplasty will be the answer to this. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
People also viewed
- Is chest pain or discomfort a side effect of levothyroxine?
- Treatment of nasal bone bend in homeopathy
- Treatment and cure for nasal bone spur
- Is falling asleep without warning a side effect of mirapex?
- I have a white thick substance in my throat
- Ayurvedic treatment for nasal bone bent
- Is decreased amount of urine a side effect of penicillin vk?
- Is macpod 200 tablet use for throat infection
- What is the treatment for bulge in nasal bone
- Treatment of nasal bone fracture
- Is blood in the urine or stools a side effect of methadone?
- Painful pimples behind both ears
- What are the side effects of hydrocodone and phenylephrine?
- Esophagus and ticklish cough
- Why is my mouth dry after giving head