What is the treatment for bruised eyelid with yellowish discoloration in eyebrow bone?
User rating for this question
My husband noticed tonight that my right eyebrow bone is yellow. When I went to look in the mirror I saw that my eyelid is bruised. Have had no trauma to the eye and there is no pain. I did work out today for the first time and I am worried I have caused something serious as my body isn't used to that sort of thing.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer: unnoticed trivial trauma Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, It seems like you have suffered a trivial trauma to your right eye lid. You might have not noticed it. It could also be an unnoticed insect bite. For the bruise, you can apply ice packs locally every hour for the next few hours. I do not think it is related to your work out today unless you suffered a trauma while working out, which you say is NO. You can apply a mild steroid based ointment on the eyebrow bone that is yellow, like topical Betamethasone ointment that is available over the counter. You can apply it twice daily for next 2 to 3 days. It should be gone soon. I would be interested to look at the lesion. It would be better if you can upload a image of the same on the right side of this query page. Overall, it seems like a minor lesion that should heal in a couple of days. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- Treatment for bruised breast bone
- Dark shadow on white of eye
- What causes sarcoidosis flare ups
- Differential diagnosis papilledema
- Bone bruise hip treatment
- Sticky faeces causes and prevention
- Treatment for knee bone bruise
- Cyst on the bottom eyelid
- Can renal failure cause jaundice
- Foot pain caused by gout
- Tibia bone bruise treatment
- Wrist bone bruise treatment
- Cure for painful eyes due to welding
- Can fibromyalgia cause stomach pain
- Cornea feels bruised