What is the treatment for breathing problem after waking up from sleep?

Apr 2014

Hello. For a long time when I wake up in the night I notice my pulse rate is about 85 bpm. But I sit up in bed and it goes back to about 70 bpm. It feels as if I wake up stressed. My breathing seems to be a little out of sinc . But after waking it corrects itself shortly thereafter. However I don't have bad dreams or a problem sleeping. I have been to a cardiologist and my heart is normal. I told him about this and he had me wear a oxygen monitor attached to my finger for 24 hrs. It was normal. What do you recommend ? Thanks, XXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are perfectly alright. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are perfectly alright.You shouldn't worry at all. During sleep there are various phases and in certain phases, pulse and B.P increases and this is quite normal. But your age is 53 years so your need regular screening of diseases. You need clinical examination and investigations. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,ECG in all leads,Ultrasonography of abdomen. These investigations will detect problems if you have any,so treatment can be done in time. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX