What is the treatment for brain vasculitis?

I have a daughter who has been dignosed with brain vasculitis by her rheumatologist. I can't find neurologist willing to accept her case, What do I do?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. I'm sorry to hear that you cannot find a neurologist to help your daughter's case. The best way to approach this (if not already done so) would be to ask the rheumatologist if he/she has any recommendations for referrals. It might come down to finding the closest university hospital and calling their neurology offices and inquiring about your case. Unfortunately, it is beyond the purview of this service to be able to predict how this shall work with your medical insurance and compensation or to provide specific referrals. Please do make sure to obtain all medical records and imaging studiesfrom previous doctors when you visit the neurologist. I understand that this is an unsettling and urgent situation for you and your daughter. I hope this was somewhat helpful and that you will find a doctor soon. All the best, Dr G