What is the treatment for bloating, contipation and severe distention under rib cage?

Question
yes, i have had all the tests that they can give me for gallbladder and everything tests normal. HAVE BLOATING AND SEVERE DISTENTION UNDEWR RIB CAGE AND JUST TO THE RIGHT OF MY NAVEL.LOTS OF GAS AND SOMETIMES I CAN BURP TO RELIEVE MYSELF AND OTHER TIME I CANT. ALSO FREQUENT CONSTIPATION
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms you are experiencing could be related to gallbladder sludge. Sometimes, it is hard to diagnose by ultrasound or scan testing. Another cause could be related to frequent constipation, which might be associated to colon spasms (pain). Therefore, the very first thing is to ease constipation: - drink more water - eat foods high in fiber - can start taking fiber supplements (psyllium) - take probiotics, lactulose and sena to soften the stool and ease bowel movement - avoid chillies, fried, spicy foods - avoid alcohol, smoking, carbonated drinks - be more physically involved - eat often and small portions and slowly, do not rush - get tested for pancreas problems too by abdominal ultrasound and pancreatic enzymes All the best! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Bardha