What is the treatment for bloating, contipation and severe distention under rib cage?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, The symptoms you are experiencing could be related to gallbladder sludge. Sometimes, it is hard to diagnose by ultrasound or scan testing. Another cause could be related to frequent constipation, which might be associated to colon spasms (pain). Therefore, the very first thing is to ease constipation: - drink more water - eat foods high in fiber - can start taking fiber supplements (psyllium) - take probiotics, lactulose and sena to soften the stool and ease bowel movement - avoid chillies, fried, spicy foods - avoid alcohol, smoking, carbonated drinks - be more physically involved - eat often and small portions and slowly, do not rush - get tested for pancreas problems too by abdominal ultrasound and pancreatic enzymes All the best! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Bardha
People also viewed
- Dark rings around ankle
- Is bloody or black, tarry stools a side effect of acetaminophen/propoxyphene?
- Movement under rib cage high wbc count frequent bowels treatment
- Having severe pan n stomach and rib cage any treatment
- Diabetic with very painful ankles
- Is stomach discomfort or upsetblack, tarry stools a side effect of tecfidera?
- Bloating under rib cage
- Is blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin a side effect of pepcid ac?
- Is vomiting bloodabdominal or stomach cramps a side effect of fosamax plus d?
- Treatment for herniation under the rib cage
- Edema and purple dots on ankles
- My ankle has rough dry discolored skin
- Is clay-colored stools a side effect of codeine phosphate-promethazine hcl?
- Small red dots on ankles
- What is the treatment for fluttering sensation under rib cage