What is the treatment for black dots on penis?

Question
Hello, this morning as i woke up and took a look at the tip of my penis and saw a single blackish dot. I touched it to see if it hurts or comes off and i felt no pain. I dont feel any pain urinating or any of that. The spot which is a single spot just appeared on the tip of my penis and I am concerned as to what may be the reason for it and if i should be more concerned.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: NO need to get worried! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this black spot and all the disturbing thoughts this has caused you. I have reviewed the image carefully. It is nothing that you should get too worried about. It does not represent any disease or announces the eminent occurrence of a disease. It looks very much like a small bleed into the skin that has caused this. The exact cause is not evident but could be a bite by a small insect or even a spontaneous process. It should slowly get cleared off by the body's cells over a few weeks. I want to make it expressly clear that this is not related to STDs and requires no further medical attention right now unless something else comes up. I wish you well. I hope you find this information useful. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to request for more information if needed. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: What is the treatment for black dots on penis? 17 minutes later
Thank you for your response i really needed to know and that is a relief. So i should just let it heal within the next few weeks and it will go away hopefully?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Thanks for following up with me. Sure, it should get resolved all by itself. Let's give it sometime and only return to this if something worrisome comes up, though very unlikely. I wish you well.I hope you find this information useful. thank you so much for using our services and feel free to request for more information if needed. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.