What is the treatment for bites on my body?

Jan 2014

I have some bites but they resemble and look like a mosquito bite.Are there any bites that look like mosquito bite because this is not a mosquito bite? I have seen few bugs in this 3 month period but they look like mosquito bites and are itchy for a hour or two then go away.I seen a couple of flying small like mosquito and two times seen a real small bug on my pants twice.My bed is clear of any bugs and lift mattress up do not ever see anything.These bites always happen at nite and always in bed. thanks XXXX
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Body Lice infestation Detailed Answer: hi. thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would keep a possibility of Body lice infestation. Lice are parasitic insects that feed on human blood and can infest the head, body, and pubic area. Infestations occur worldwide and are spread via close person-to-person contact or through used bed linens, towels and clothing. Common symptoms of a body lice infestation include: -Intense itching (pruritus) -Rash caused by an allergic reaction to body lice bites -Red bumps on the skin -Thickened or darkened skin, usually near the waist or groin, if the lice have been there for a long time. An infestation by body lice is typically diagnosed by looking at the skin and clothing and observing eggs and crawling lice. The insects are big enough to see with the naked eye, but a magnifying lens can be used to help find them. A body lice infestation is normally treated through improved personal hygiene and regular changes of clean, washed clothing. All clothing, bed linens, and towels used by the infested person should be washed with hot water (at least 130°F) and then dried in a machine with hot air. take care regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for bites on my body? 1 hour later
I do not have any rash and always have cleans things on.I do laundry at laudromat that are hotter than house dryers.The bite looks exactly like a mosquito bites with NO REDDNESS in the area.I want to tell you the bites look exactly like mosquito bites. I do not see any trace of problem with the areas you mentioned.I know itcannot be mosquito bites but do you have any other suggestion what it could be? thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Scabies is a possibility Detailed Answer: Hi. I would like to keep another possibility of Scabies. The characteristic symptoms of a scabies infection include intense itching and superficial burrows. The burrow tracks are often linear, to the point that a neat line of four or more closely placed and equally developed mosquito-like bites is almost diagnostic of the disease. Scabies can involve hands, feet, wrists, elbows, back, buttocks, and external genitals.etc. Itching is classically more severe at night. Treatment is simple. I advice my patients of scabies a single, whole body application(sparing face) of 5% permethrin cream/lotion for 8 hrs (overnight), which is curative in most cases. All the family members should be treated simultaneously. An oral antihistamine like cetrizine would help with the itching associated with it. It is important to wash all the clothes, bed-sheets, pillow covers, towels and handkerchiefs etc after treatment take care regards