What is the treatment for back pain and burning sensation in my shoulder blade?

Question
I have back pain ....it is on the left side under shoulder blade. It is a burning sensation
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: likely to be muscle sprain Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day If the pain is of recent origin and is not radiating, it's likely to be muscle spasm. I hope there has been no history of trauma or there is redness or swelling at the site. I would suggest you the following which will definitely help 1. Hot water fomentation: Soap a napkin in hot water and apply it over the affected affected really within the tolerable limit alternatively hot water bottle may be used 2. Analgesic like Ibuprofen will be helpful along with skeletal muscle relaxant like Chlorzoxazone will be helpful. If there are no other associated symptoms, I see no cause for concern. If the pain persists kindly consult your Physician for further assessment. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD

Follow-up: What is the treatment for back pain and burning sensation in my shoulder blade? 17 hours later
How do I get a prescription if I do not have a doctor at this time. I am still waiting for the gov health information? Can you provide a prescription for me?

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ibuprofen us available over the counter Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings I would apologise for not able to provide online prescription. This site is basically for providing medical advise and also online prescription are not valid. ibuprofen is over the counter medication and can be easily be procured. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD