What is the treatment for anemia?

I was diagnose of having anemia since childhood, because of some symptoms like bruises and nose bleeding..i had 3x of blood transfussion first when i had an operation then second 2bags is when i gave birth.. But i went to the doctor and asked about my situation of having teardrops cells and my cells was easily to ruptured that is why im having anemia then she advice me to look for a hematologist because i need a treatment..
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Advice Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for sending your question. I can appreciate that you are dealing with a stressful situation and that you want to understand what is going on with your blood. it appears that you may have some type of bleeding disorder. This might not have any limitation on your links or quality of life but it is important for you to understand exactly what is going on. I agree that you should see a local hematologist for a comprehensive evaluation, physical examination and possibly special laboratory studies to evaluate how your blood is functioning. these tests would include platelet function testing. also your doctor might request the pathologist look at your blood cells under a microscope to help also further delineate The possible cause of your bleeding symptoms. There are many bleeding disorders and some are very rare. some of these bleeding disorders involve how the platelet functions. Other bleeding disorders involve how well other proteins in the blood help platelets form clots. something that would be very important to help your doctor would be for you to ask all of your family members including parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles regarding anyone in the family who might have a bleeding disorder. This might help the doctors determine if you have some type of inherited disorder or if this is something that you acquired since birth. again I agree that you should see a hematologist. This type of Dr. has special expertise in helping to describe and determine what might need to be done regarding any type of blood disorder. Thank you again for sending your question. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga