What is the treatment for accidental cut in labia?

Hi, I by accident cut my outside labia fold with a scissor while trimming my pubic hair Will this heal on its own ? Do I need stitches? Will this cause pain in the future during intercourse ?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. It is unlikely you cut the area so deep that you will need stitches. However, if it continues to bleed after a day, you should have it evaluated. It is important to keep the area clean & dry, as possible. You can start dabbing on an antibiotic ointment also. It would be ideal to refrain from intercourse until the wound heals, as movement of the skin there might re-open the cut. I hope this helps & thanks again for submitting your question. Take care, Dr G