What is the treatment for abdominal adhesions caused due to surgery?

I have abdominal adhesions as result of surgery have had more surgery for severe blockage six weeks later another episode treated no surgery but an eleven day hospital stay two months later I have pain symptoms which come and go similar to previous acute episodes Is there any thing that can be done to avoid another acute episode Thanks in anticipation
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. I can really understand your problem because adhesions after the surgery is a problem encountered worldwide. Although the best treatment to remove adhesions is surgical removal of adhesions,but the danger lies in recurring of adhesions. So in general,surgeons don't do any surgery for removal of adhesions. Surgery is resorted only if the patient  lands up in acute intestinal obstruction,other wise pain and sub acute intestinal obstruction is managed by giving medicines and giving liquid and low residue diet. Very frankly speaking ,we can not avoid the pain re occurring again. Pain may re occur anytime and can not be predicted.Pain may not occur for many many months also. If pain reoccurs,it has to be managed by medications only unless and until,one lands up with acute intestinal obstruction. I hope it helps you,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks