What is the treatment for Serratia Liquefaciens for urinary tract? Took Ceftriaxone

Medical treatment for Serratia Liquefaciens for urinary tract, the bacteria is sensitive to:
Sulfa, metilmicine, gentamicin, nitrofurantoine, almost everything. Resistant to Amikacin and ceftriaxone, took combined treatment and no healing!!! 10 days of Ceftriaxone 1gr and 500 mg of amikacine twice a day
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 hours later

You have received ceftriaxone and amikacin injections for 10 days. But the bacteria in urine are not sensitive to these antibiotics as per the sensitivity report. Hence change the antibiotics.You should be started on antibiotics for which the Serratia Liquefaciens is sensitive.

Hope I answered your query.

Thank you.
Follow-up: What is the treatment for Serratia Liquefaciens for urinary tract? Took Ceftriaxone 3 hours later
Oops!, wrong question, I meant resistant to almost everything, only sensitive to amikacine and ceftriaxona, which I had for 10 days and nothing!!!! I m desperate!!!!
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 9 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

Sometimes bacteria develop resistance to the antibiotics while on treatment. This may be the cause for no response to the antibiotics in your case. If the urinary tract infection is not responding to ceftriaxone and amikacin, you need to change the antibiotics.

Serratia Liquefaciens most of the time remains sensitive to ceftazidime, cefoperazone, cefapime and quinolone antibiotics like levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.

Have you tested for these antibiotics?
Does the report mentions resistance to these antibiotics?

If the sensitivity report does not mention about sensitivity to these antibiotics, you may need to undergo repeat sensitivity testing. Empirically one of the antibiotic can be changed till the next sensitivity report becomes available.

Please reply, I am waiting for your response.
Thank you.