What is the treatment for ST depression?

1. I have High BP which is controlled by taking medicine since last 4 to 5 years. 2. Medicine Teli - AM 3. I don't have habit of smoking / alcohol 4. No family history of Heart 5. I did TMT comfortably no chest pain nothing , Doctor said this is negative TMT. I have taken insurance policy , they sugested medical test ,lab sent the TMT report to company they observation is the this is the ST depression case and it is possible to give policy in normal premium , insurance policy may be given with enhanced premium. kindly suggest future course of action.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Hardik Thakker 30 hours later
Brief Answer: Stress 2D-echo or thallium scan can be done next. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your follow up question. As per my opinion your stress test has ST changes which are significant. I would agree with the insurance policy findings. If you wish you can have a stress 2 d echo or a thallium scan to look for an underlying ischemic heart disease and clarify your situation. The gold standard for the diagnosis is a coronary angiography. However it is invasive and expensive. An alternative to invasive angiography is a CT angiography on a 64 slice CT machine. This is a non-invasive technique. I would also recommend you to have a lipid profile, fasting and post lunch sugar levels. I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me. Yours sincerely, Dr Thakker.