What is the treatment for Pubic lice?
User rating for this question
I have Pubic lice for the past three weeks which I may have contacted sexually. I have used a condom and was safe all through. Should I be worried about any other sexually transmitted diseases? What testing should I be doing now?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lab tests for STDs Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your concern and I have understood it. A lice-killing lotion containing 1% permethrin can be used to treat pubic lice. It should be applied thoroughly to the pubic area and kept for at least 5 minutes Wash all the clothing and bedding in hot water. The contact was protected and therefore safe. Even though you used protection but as a doctor, I would still want you to go in for testing because it was a risky contact nevertheless. I would advice that you get yourself tested for the following: -VDRL/RPR -HIV -HSV ELISA These tests need to be repeated after 3 months in order to exclude the window period of infection(the time from acquiring the infection to when it first becomes detectable). I hope this answers your query. regards
People also viewed
- Side effects of famotidine
- What is the treatment for pubic lice
- Redness mask on cheeks and chin
- Side effects of nitro expansion
- Redness of the cheeks and chin
- Redness on chest and cheeks
- Paranoid about pubic lice
- Chronic red spot on cheek sun
- Will nix complete lice treatment system treat pediculosis, pubic lice ?
- Fasting for chubby cheeks
- Pubic lice treatment
- Side effects of wysolone
- Side effects of trika
- Side effects of finax
- What does petroleum jelly do to pubic lice