What is the treatment for Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease?
User rating for this question
Hello. I am wondering what is the proper treatment/medical dosage for someone who might have Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease. How long is the medical treatment?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. The treatment depends of symptoms intensity, medicines reaction and how long the symptoms are present. In mild cases where the symptoms are occasional or not intense, body weight reduction (if obesity is present), sleeping with head a little bit raised, avoiding coffee, fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol, chocolate, fruit juices can be sufficient treatment. If the symptoms are quite intense, Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) should be used in the dosages: Omeprasole 20 mg, Lansoprasole 30 mg, Pantoprasole 40 mg, Esomeprasole 40 mg or Rabeprasole 20 mg in a single dosage, taken in the morning, 30 minutes before a meal. One of mentioned medicines should be taken for about 8 weeks. After that time it can be stopped. However the risk of symptoms recurrence is about 80% so there might be a need to start the treatment again. In case of long lasting disease (like 10 years), or if the symptoms can not be eased with mentioned medicines, gastroscopy is necessary to rule out chronic inflammation or Barrets esophagus. Young persons can be also qualified to laparoscopic surgery (fundoplication). Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Pregnant amniotic fluid index suggests is afi very less
- What is the treatment for laryngopharyngeal reflux disease
- Prescribed budecort inhaler acute cough levolin inhaler has steroids
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease causes
- Diagnosis of laryngopharyngeal reflux disease
- What are ganaton capsules made of
- Pregnant taking evatone medication hcg test positive continue medication
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease diet
- Can cipralex cause gerd
- Bled after intercourse and took ovamit what is wrong
- Cashew nut for gerd
- Cashew nuts when gerd
- Cause of gas coming out fro
- Bad and painful knees why does walking make it worse
- Treatment and cure for laryngopharyngeal reflux disease