What is the treatment available for premature ejaculation?

Sep 2012

With just the thought of going for a sex with my wife, my penis gets errected even without starting foreplay or getting on to the bed. Is this abnormal. The errection last during the full foreplay and ejaculates within a minute after penetration.
Posted Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 28 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, sex is a very sophisticated action of human body controlled by complicated nervous mechanism. Here, psychological condition play a major role. Any type of stress, depression, all leads to these type of situation.

The condition you are suffering from is premature ejaculation. But do not worry, the condition is treatable.

You have to do the followings –

1.     Do some yoga / freehand exercise to get relived from stress.
2.     Considering the situation, some drugs like tramadol may be considered.
3.     Dapoxetine or clomipramine group of drug may be considered depending upon the condition.
4.     In case of retractile condition, intracavernous pharmacotherapy should be considered.
5.     So, you have to visit a urologist for clinical examination to rule out any gross abnormality, for ordering any investigation required, and also for further management considering the above medication.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.