What is the treatment available for linear scheloderma?

Sir I wish to know about any available treatment for linear scheloderma.
My Sister is suffering from this disease, recently it started increasing, We have taken UV and laser therapy treatment but instead of help it worsen the situation,
need to know if there is any treatment available for it in any therapy all over the world, Initially it was just one small spot over her arm but in last couple of years it spread over arm, legs and waist on right. She also feels the problem of joint pain which I suspect may be due to the same disease. If required we can provide reports and photos.
any help or suggestions would be appretiated.
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 28 minutes later
Hi Varundeep,
Linear Scleroderma is a well treatable condition with certain medicines called immunomodulators.
These medicines are tried and tested , we have a lot of experience with Methotrexate which should help with the skin condition as well as the arthritis.
It generally takes a few months for the response to be discernible but there usually is definite improvement.
The medicines are safe and we can monitor the condition by doing blood counts and liver, kidney function tests.
I hope I have been helpful.
Tell me if you have any doubts.