What is the treatment and medicine for premature ejaculation?

Psychiatrist
Question
HI doctor, for premature ejaculation, will the products like Last longer, power prash, XXXXXXX prash works effective,and is that the best solution to go for these ayurvedic medicines? will that work fine for Premature ejaculation, and longer sex drive How to over come premature ejaculation in sex which happens with in 2 to 3 minutes. what are best medicines that are available and cures that? if so please prescribe me some medicines. I want to have those. Please reply me back Thanks XXXX
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Good drugs available Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Premature ejaculation is a very common illness effecting alot many couple but the severity varies. In your case a PE with 2-3 min sexual duration would be distressing to you as well as your wife. You have used a lot of ayurvedic medications and one such ayurvedic medication which I commonly prescribe is Himcolin by himalayas. This is a gel formulation and I ask my patients to apply it over the penis 3-4 hours before sexual activity. Further there is one allopathic medication which I frequently use and this has given my patients excellent results, much better than the ayurvedic drugs. The medication is Paroxetine. Taken ones daily this medication increases the sexual time tremendously. Health care magic being an online forum, I wont be able to prescribe you online with out physically examining you but you can discuss these issues and medicines with a sexologist/psychiatrist who deals with these conditions and give you a prescription. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D. Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: What is the treatment and medicine for premature ejaculation? 1 hour later
is there any side effects of using paroxetine for premature ejaculation? how many tablets per day we can use? is that daily we can go for it? or only when ever we require? these tablets are available in all medical stores?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answers Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up questions. Q:is there any side effects of using paroxetine for premature ejaculation? Ans: IN some patients it may cause sedation and some times dry mouth. But all saidno major significant side-effects. Q: how many tablets per day we can use? is that daily we can go for it? or only when ever we require? Ans: To my patients I prescribe them to be taken daily at night. Q: these tablets are available in all medical stores? No. Only in the stores which cater to the psychiatrist/sexologist/ Mostly available in all major stores. But I would like to again state that Health care magic being an online forum, I wont be able to prescribe you online with out physically examining you but you can discuss these issues and medicines with a sexologist/psychiatrist who deals with these conditions and give you a prescription. Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D. Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: What is the treatment and medicine for premature ejaculation? 8 minutes later
Please let me know the dosage 10 mg or 20 mg tablet i can take? because i had seen there are different kinds of tablets are there

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dosage Detailed Answer: Hello I generally prescribe a constant release preparation of 12.5mg. Thanks and regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy