What is the time duration between novolin n lnsulin?

Feb 2013

Novolin N Insulin ~ What is the duration of this medication? i.e. injection now, starts to take effect, effect peaks when? and time out of system.
I am Type 1 & use medtronic plump. Am trying to help a friend who depends on me. She is Type 2, Takes Metformin and was recently started on Novolin N
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
Novolin N Insulin:

The onset of action is : 1-1.5 hours, so it starts to take effect within this duration.

Peak : 4-12 hour

Duration : up to 24 hours.

This is a general information about Novolin N insulin , but the actual time may vary depending on the clinical parameters of an individual.

So I advise you to take the required complete information from her treating Physician.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.