What is the swelling in my knee after surgeries?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
IM A 42 YEAR OLD FEMALE INDIAN/AFRICAN AMERICAN MY HEALTH HAD STARTED DOWN HILL I HAD LOW PLATLET COUNT 3500 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS 16 AFTER THAT I HAD NO PROBLEMS TILL I GOT MARRIED 4 YEARS AGO I WASTRAMATIZED BY MY CHILD AND HER SEXUAL ABUSE TO HER BROTHER afterthat I started going numb all ove I had two sergerys on ulnar nerves bi lateral now carpotunel and I am swelling up on one knee its so bad that I cant open it but when I get it to open then its hard to close?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get your x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You should get your x-ray both knees standing in AP view done. Send me report or discus it with your doctor. Your doctor will do physical examination of your knee and compare it with x-ray findings. After comparing your x-ray report and physical examination your doctor may prescribe you medicines and quadriceps strengthening exercise if he needed. For carpel tunnel again your doctor after doing physical examination of your wrist may act accordingly. He may advise you steroid injection at site or advise you surgery for carpel tunnel. You should have positive attitude in your life , do morning walk daily. Avoid squatting an upstairs as much as you can. You may also discus for antidepressant medicines like fluoxetine etc and diazepam with your doctor. But please remember that your should not take any medicine without prescription of doctor as these medicines may cause more harm than benefit if taken without consulting. I hope you have got your answer. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. Thanks. Dr.Singh.