What is the survival rate for renal cell carcinoma with metastasis extending into renal pelvis?

What is the 5 year survival rate for renal cell carcinoma 10cm tumor and furhman grade 4 with no metastasis extending into the renal pelvis but contained in the kidney and margins are clear. do you need any more info. please cite a few papers
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 days later
Brief Answer: 5 year survival is between 60 to 70% Detailed Answer: Hi Apologies for a late reply. Since it was long holiday and no specialist was answer the query they assigned me to answer this query since I had an experience to work with a Urologist. I could see that this is a recurrence of the previous renal cell tumor. Since a general norm the recurrences have poorer prognosis than the first one and large is quite large, you have to keep this in mind and act fast with your team of doctors (Urologist, Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist) However the 5 yr survival rate is still good and should be between 60 to 70% as per the studies. I do not have access to papers Hope this answers.