What is the suggested medication to induce periods?

Mar 2016

i need a pill available in chennai india to induce periods
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. You can take Norethisterone tab (like PRIMOLUT N) 5 mg twice daily for 5 days to induce period. You will get withdrawal bleeding (same to period) within 5 to 7 days after stop taking those pills. However, pregnancy should be ruled out by one home pregnancy test before taking pills. Take healthy diet, avoid mental stress and keep bowel habit regular during intake of pills. Hope, you get the medicine in local store. kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care of yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen
Follow-up: What is the suggested medication to induce periods? 5 minutes later
I have another 10 days to go before my period, but I am getting a white discharge. Is it normal? Can I still take this medication prescribed? If i ask for PRIMOLUT N) 5 mg will it alright if the pharmacist gives me something similar to this.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. 1) Mild white discharge following ovulation or in the 2nd half of cycle is quite normal thing and it occurs due to effect of hormones on cervical or endometrial gland. You should maintain your genital hygiene properly to avoid infection and bad smell. 2) As your period is due for another 10 days, then it is better NOT to take above prescribed medication. It may cause hormonal imbalance, leads to irregular cycle. You can induce period only if you don't get your period for more than 1 week after confirmation of pregnancy. 3) Yes, you will get similar or same medicine if you ask to pharmacist or local medical store. Hope, I have answered your queries. Kindly, close the discussion. Good luck and all the best. Regards, Dr Soumen