What is the suggested medication for soreness in top of stomach after eating?

ENT Specialist
I have a serious soreness in the top of my stomach after eating. Rennie seem to help and a lot of belching also helps. It seems like I have trapped wind. What a good medication for this this. I am going to see my G.P. tomorrow but just to help for the reat of today, a recommended remedy would be great.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Proton pump inhibitor with a prokinetic Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Use of proton pump inhibitors helps in such condition and addition of a prokinetic drug should help in a better way. A 3 week continuous use helps in getting the optimum effect. Along with medical treatment, dietary modifications like avoiding tea, coffee, alcohol, oily and spicy things helps. Keeping the stomach empty for longer durations should be avoided. Feel free to ask another query. Regards