What is the suggested medication for muscle pain in shoulder?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
from yesterday I am having muscle pain in shoulder.please suggest me some medicine.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptoms of muscles strain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I have read your query in detail. The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain. To get relief from the pain and for quick healing: 1. Do hot fomatation at the site. 2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. 3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation. 4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury to heal. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care