What is the suggested medication for lump on head due to myeloma?
User rating for this question
I have a lump on my head and is supposedly caused by myeloma. What should treatment be?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Lokesh K N 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs treatment based on diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi, The lump alone can be due to plasmacytoma, so the diagnosis of myeloma needs a confirmation with Bone marrow aspiration/biopsy and serum/urine electrophoresis. If it’s a plasmacytoma, radiotherapy alone may suffice. If it’s a myeloma, then it needs chemotherapy including maintenance chemo till the progression of disease. Hope I have answered your question.
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of metastatic cancer
- Side effects of atacand
- Side effects of osure
- Lumps with multiple myeloma
- Drugs/medication for multiple myeloma
- Side effects of ampiclox
- Multiple myeloma and lumps on the head
- Side effects of phytonadione
- Symptoms of hypernatremia
- Side effects of vigorex
- Drugs/medication for myeloma
- Symptoms of histiocytosis
- Symptoms of crossbite
- Symptoms of conduct disorder
- Lump in head and myeloma