What is the suggested medication for lump on head due to myeloma?
User rating for this question
I have a lump on my head and is supposedly caused by myeloma. What should treatment be?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Lokesh K N 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs treatment based on diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi, The lump alone can be due to plasmacytoma, so the diagnosis of myeloma needs a confirmation with Bone marrow aspiration/biopsy and serum/urine electrophoresis. If it’s a plasmacytoma, radiotherapy alone may suffice. If it’s a myeloma, then it needs chemotherapy including maintenance chemo till the progression of disease. Hope I have answered your question.
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of ventricular lymphoma
- Lumps with multiple myeloma
- How to get rid of bad smells in mouth
- Drugs/medication for multiple myeloma
- Diagnosis of ear cancer
- Multiple myeloma and lumps on the head
- Diagnosis of urothelial carcinoma
- What is tablet fertyl 50 mg will i become pregnant
- Drugs/medication for myeloma
- Diagnosis of metastasis gallbladder cancer
- My blood sugar is 330 what do i do
- What to do with minor hairline fractures in children
- Diagnosis of useful cancer
- Are cancer mutations inheritable
- Lump in head and myeloma