What is the suggested medication for dry cough?

General Surgeon
Hi, I have dry cough since 2 days now, any quick medication? Thanks
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Warm saline gargling will be helpful Detailed Answer: Namsthe Welcome to healthcare-magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXXXXX I would suggest you the following measures apart from medication which will help relieve the irritating dry cough and provide you the much needed relief 1. Syrup Ambrodil plus 7 ml ( Adult dosage) taken three times a day will be very beneficial 2. Warm Saline Gargling: Add 2 spoons of salt in a glass of lukewarm water and gargle it 3- 4 times a day. It will have a soothening and antiseptic action 3. Boil the following: I cup of milk+ 10 tulsi leaves+ 2 black pepper+ 1 spoon turmeric + 2 gm of fresh ginger + 2 spoon of sugar (if needed). Boil it, strain it through a strainer, consume it hot with few sips taken each time. Take it 3 to 4 times a day. It will relieve the throat congestion. 4. avoid smoking(In case you have habit of it) I hope it helped. In case you need further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak K K MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon