What is the suggested medication for cough, cold and throat pain?

From last week I am having cough & cold. Sometime have fever also. Now,from last 2-3 days I feel tremendous headache, throat pain, cough & sometime little fever also. Please suggest some medicine for me.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: azithromycin Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am sorry about your current health status. It seems like you have an acute respiratory tract infection. For my patients with similar complaints, I suggest a course of antibiotic Tablet. Azithromycin 500mg once daily after food for 3 days. Along with this, I would also suggest Tablet. Crocin cold and flu for symptomatic relief thrice daily after food. Steam inhalation and warm salt water gargling helps too. Get well soon.
Follow-up: What is the suggested medication for cough, cold and throat pain? 13 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. I also like to know any food or any other restriction during the treatment required?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: bland diet is advised Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX You must consume bland diet while on treatment. Do not take too hot or too cold food. Avoid spicy and oily food. Bland diet in the form of porridge, plain idlis, oats, rava upma are ideal. Take adequate rest and get well soon. Regards,