What is the sudden dent in forehead?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have a sudden dent that appeared in my forehead in the last week. It is over an inch long and nearly a centimeter deep.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing worrisome... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Before running into conclusions, I'd gently ask to upload a picture of the dent in your forehead. That could help me assist you further. Next, you are saying to be taking aldactone for hair loss purposes. Please bare in mind that aldactone is an diuretic (spironolactone) which also removes the excess water from the body. If your body has a normal balance of water, removing it from the body will lead to dehydration (water loss from body tissue). The scalp is composed of : s-skin; c- connective tissue; a-aponeurosis; l-loose connective tissue; p-peritoneum of the skull The connective tissue is composed of water and blood (serves as a sponge). If body is getting dehydrated (in your case, from the aldactone use), then, this "sponge" will get "shrink" and you less water is inside it appearing as a dent. Unless, you have had any scalp malformations (as such dent could be related to the sutures of the skull bones) appearing as dent. At the end, finding a dent in your forehead is normal and not indicative for any disease although the cosmetic effect. Looking forward to have your photos in! Thank you! Dr.Bardha