What is the sore red fleshy lump behind tonsil?

I have a very sore red fleshy lump where my tonsil used to be on right side only what could it be it flairs up every now and again
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pharyngitis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are suffering from an infection of the posterior pharynx which is quite common especially in cold climates. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Salt water gargling three times a day with XXXXXXX warm water 2. Tab Levocetrizine taken at night will help you with the symptoms 3. Avoid spicy food,cold food and beverages. 4. Drink clean water Few ways to prevent recurrent throat infections are 1. Keep your hands clean and tidy 2. Cut your nails regularly 3. Avoid eating raw food at restaurants. 4. Always make sure the water you drink is clean I hope I was of help to you, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards