What is the solution for difficulty in bowel movements?

Hi I can not do the toilet when I wake up in the morning,even I sit in the toilet for more than10 min. And whole day I feel lazy and don't feel like doing anything. And due to this I can't consentrate on my study and work. Is there any solution for this?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Constipation and fatigue have many causes Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX From your query it seems that you are suffering from constipation and fatigue (lazyness, weakness). These together are seen in some conditions like hypothyroidism, celiac disease, etc. Though mostly they are- caused by different conditions and may not be related. Thus I will suggest you to get some blood tests done to rule out common conditions that can cause fatigue. The tests can include thyroid profile, sr hemoglobin, complete blood count, serum folic acid levels, serum vit B12 levels, serum calcium and serum Vit D levels, SGOT, SGPT, BUN, serum creatinine levels, etc. Urinalysis may also be done. Now coming to your main complaint of constipation, you need to change your lifestyle to deal with it. My advise will be as following: - Take high fiber diet and more of fruits and vegetables - Drink plenty of pure drinking water. Take one glass water early in the morning - can take fiber supplement like metamucil or can also try lactulose syrup for some time (whichever suits you) - tummy massage can also help - exercise for atleast 20 min a day - eating 3 or 4 prunes a day is a natural way of dealing with it. - Do not strain while passing stools Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee