What is the small round feeling like ball in my vagina?

Hi I have had a small soft round feeling like ball in my vagina for a while and am wondering what it could be? I am in menopause and have been for 8 years. Also when does that end? The hot flashes are lessening now. Thank You I have a small soft round feeling like ball in my vagina for a while and am wondering what it could be. I am in menopause and have been for 8 years.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Cervical tumor, cyst, warts, uterine prolapse or b Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is important first of all to note if you have had any past history of gynecological surgery. If not, good. The commonest causes of this feeling is usually a prolapse or descend of the uterus. The usually causes the cervix to descend, and when touched or felt gives the impression as if it is a ball or mass. Another common cause could be a polyp. this could be of cervical origin or a a large wart of the cervix. Warts are generally caused by a group of viruses called the Human papilloma viruses. These masses, when very large could give the impression of a lump. It is important to know if you have had any problems with urination lately. A descend of the bladder into the vaginal cavity, due to weakening of the pelvic floor could give this sensation. This is a vesicocoele It is important to precise if you have experienced any vaginal bleeding, any pains in the abdomen or not. A complete vaginal examination, and a careful speculum examination would give a clear orientation for subsequent testing. A pap smear, together with a cervical biopsy might be useful at some pint in time. In case of large warts, testing for human papilloma viruses and subsequent management would be useful. Treatment shall be based on clinical findings and specific tests if need be. i suggest you book an appointment with a gynecologist for proper review. In case of absence of pains, bleeding, any swollen lymph nodes, you really need not panic. A timely consultation however still remains my advice. Kind regards. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case you have any specific concerns. I would be glad making my humble contributions. Kind regards Dr Bain