What is the small red dots on the skin just above the wrist?

what leaves 4 small red dots in the shape of a square on the skin just above the wrist?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Small red dots on the skin just above the wrist is likely to be due to an insect bite. A good close up picture of the area will help in a better diagnosis. You can upload the image on the 'upload your reports' box provided on the query page right hand side.
If there is no associated pain or redness and any systemic symptoms then there is nothing to worry. Most of the times such minor skin changes are self limiting and do subside in 5-7 days. Applying 1% hydrocortisone ointment will be helpful in taking care of any local reaction.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.