What is the safest medication to treat bipolar disorder?
User rating for this question
i am wondering what is the safest medication with least side effects for treating bipolar.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Carbamazepine if not Lithium is not tolerated Detailed Answer: Hi The first line of medicine to treat Bipolar is still Lithium. Though it has narrow therapeutic range it is first recommended. Most doctors know how to manage without side effects from it. Follow up and frequent testing is very important. If the person does not tolerate carbamazepine is the next best choice. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any specifics.
People also viewed
- Bloating after eating fruit
- Blurred vision after pregnancy
- Coxsackievirus a on arms
- Tickly cough and lump uder arm pit
- Mucus with blood after period
- Medical treatment for bipolar disorder
- What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?
- Inner crook of arm name
- Who treats bipolar disorder
- What are the indications of bipolar disorder
- Blood in mouth after sleeping
- When i cough my arm pit hurts
- Throwing up blood after chemo
- What is the safest medication to treat bipolar disorder
- Constant twitching in arm