What is the safe method to terminate pregnancy?

Mar 2016

hi doctor, i have missed my periods frm last 15 days and pragnancy result is positive. plz sugest me some medicine to avoid my pragnancy n medicines shall not effect my body because i am only 19 years, old plz help me??
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: MUST CONSULT WITH LOCAL GYNECOLOGIST. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. In your case, medical abortion is the best for termination of early pregnancy with abortion pill. But, self administration of abortion pill is not recommended. You shouldn't go for that. Here, you need to do one ultrasound scan (USG) to determine the gestational age and nature of conception (uterine or tubal) before proceeding the medical abortion. Kindly, consult with local GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance. The abortion procedure is associated with several risks and complications like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, excessive vaginal bleeding, fainting etc. You can't control them by yourself at home. Therefore, I suggest to consult with local GYNECOLOGIST or healthcare provider for safe termination. Abortion pill (medicine kit) or supportive medication should be prescribed by gynecologist. Abortion kit contains two types of pills. one pill is to be taken orally at the first appointment and another pill to be inserted into vagina (or buccal ) after 48 hrs of first pill. This process can be done by you at home, but you need a proper prescription of the medication kit by the GYNECOLOGIST along with instructions about the usage, advice on follow up visits for supervision and confirmation of completion of the abortion through pelvic ultrasound scan. To summarize, you must visit to local GYNECOLOGIST for prescription of medical abortion kit with a proper advice on follow up visits and in emergency. Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen
Follow-up: What is the safe method to terminate pregnancy? 8 minutes later
is their any medicine which may help me without consulting to gynologist i dont want to tell it to anyone about my pragnancy i hope u can understand me
Answered by Dr. S Patra 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: DOCTOR CONSULTATION IS MUST FOR MEDICAL ABORTION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your follow up query. I understand your situation. 1) You need medical abortion as you are almost 6 weeks pregnant (as per your information) and you have to consult with GYNECOLOGIST for safe termination. 2) Doctor consultation is must to avoid associated risks and complication and for emergency purpose and follow-up visit to make sure that abortion is completed. 3) Abortion pill or medicine should be prescribed by local GYNECOLOGIST after complete assessment. You can tell the situation to your doctor without afraid. It will be best thing for you. Hope, I have guided you properly. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen
Follow-up: What is the safe method to terminate pregnancy? 14 minutes later
i am not 6 week pragnet i have made my physical relation 20 days before n mainly i am 3 weeks pragnent
Answered by Dr. S Patra 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for response. Duration of pregnancy is counted from Day1 of your cycle (from last period date) and not from last day of sexual intercourse. As you miss your period for 15 days, your gestational age is 6 weeks or more (4 weeks + 2 weeks). Don't waste time. Medical abortion is safe for early weeks pregnancy (up to 9 weeks). Kindly, consult with local DOCTOR for safe termination. Hope, it helps for you. All the best. Regards, Dr Soumen