Ask a Dentist   »  

What is the safe blood sugar level for wisdom tooth extraction?

I have a wisdom tooth which is growing horizontal. A dentist I consulted earlier told me that it has to be removed surgincally. At thta time my sugar levels were high and hence I did not get it removed. Now my sugar levels are controlled wiht medication.
1. What is the saefe level of blood sugar that I can have before I go in for this surgery.
2. Can you suggest a clinic near Marthahalli in Bangalore ?
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 27 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

XXXXXXX your dentist is right, in case of horizontal impaction as in your case, it is needed to be surgically removed.

For extraction and surgical removal of tooth, blood pressure and sugar must be controlled. In case of uncontrolled sugar level(diabetes), there will be delayed wound healing that is why controlled blood sugar level is needed. And in case of uncontrolled blood pressure there will be uncontrolled bleeding, that is why controlled blood pressure is needed.

Now I will tell you normal blood pressure and sugar level-

1.Blood pressure-120/80

2.Blood sugar-
a.Fasting-<110 mg/dl.
b.After taking food-<140 mg/dl.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW .

Hope this answered your query, if you have further any doubt I will be happy to help you.

Take Care.

Dr. Gunjan Gupta
Follow-up: What is the safe blood sugar level for wisdom tooth extraction? 26 minutes later
Thank you for the prompt reply Doctor XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 37 minutes later

You are most welcome.

I would also appreciate if you can review this service after closing the discussion in case you do not have other follow-ups.

Take Care.

Dr. Gunjan Gupta