What is the reson to get bump on vagina causing slight discomfort?

I have a bump on my vagina, it is causing slight discomfort and i have had it for 2 days so far. I havent had sex for 2 years and i wore protection. Please help
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: abscess cyst or hematoma, local exam advised Detailed Answer: Hi Champage, Welcome to healthcare Magic! Such swelling at vagina can be a Bartholin cyst or a Bartholin abscess particularly if you have pain also. If there has been some forgotten injury then it may be a local hematoma in the skin. You should get reviewed by a local gynecologist, you may need antibiotics and incision and drainage as appropriate after examination. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!