What is the remedy to treat skin tanning?

hi doctor my skin has been tanning over lsst 4 yrs and while I did consult dermatologist a year back, there has been no improvement. I do use sun XXXXXXX protection lotion, but in vain. my dietary habits are good and I rarely eat outside jubj food. Kindly advise necessary remedy please. Thanks
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Skin tanning Detailed Answer: Hi See your main problem is regarding skin tanning. Now skin tanning is first of all a totally treatable skin condition as tanning in most cases is reversible. What you need to take care about is the appropriate use of a sunscreen. The one that you are using is a good sunscreen but there are certain things that need to be taken able about. You should apply a sunscreen atleast half an hour before sun exposure. You should reapply it every three hours if you tend to stay out in the sun. Apply it over all the exposed parts. Now I don't know what all treatments you have already taken. But for the pigmentation that you have, you can start application of a lightening agent like kojivit gel over the face twice a day. Use it continuously for atleast one month. Take oral vitamin c tablet twice a day for a month. Make sure you use the sunscreen properly as advised, otherwise the treatment would not be of any use. If even after one month, you feel that the improvement is not as expected, then you can see a nearby dermatologist and get chemical peels done. This treatment options is very helpful in cases of skin pigmentation due to tanning. Dr Geetika Paul