What is the remedy to treat low sexual drive due to menopause?

Hi Dr I hv my uterus removed when I was 39 yrs old. I am 55 now and I never know if I enter XXXXXXX poise stage not because there is no sign showing. But lately my libidos is slow and hv not much interest in sex. Now I am using Primarin estrogen cream on weekly basis. Not too much help. Regards
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please continue estrogen cream. Gynec follow up Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These are all due to hormonal changes in your body due to menopause. Many womens have lack of libido once they reach post menopausal stage. This is due to decrease in the sex hormones like Estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. My advise is to continue the Primarin estrogen cream for few more months. If it is not useful then, i would advice you either systemic estrogen through pills, patch. Exercise regularly Try relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation to reduce stress. In addition, testosterone may be useful in increasing libido. This is to be used under proper Gynecologist guidance and follow up. Hope this helps. please write back for further queries. wishing you goof health.