What is the remedy to regain sexual desire after ovar removal?

Apr 2014

I had a my uterus and ovaries remove in XXXXXXX 2013 and now I don't want sex what can I do to get that feeling back
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may need psychological therapy. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX It takes some time to recover from surgery and lead normal sexual life and it varies from patient to patient. But you had operation almost 5.6 months back and by this time you should regain your sexuality. Your ovaries are also removed.This causes alteration in hormone level and it triggers menopause.This may be the cause.You can talk to your doctor and you may need psychological help.Medicines can be given if needed. There are other psychological issues associated with this operation as uterus and ovaries are removed.There may be stress,depression etc.This may add your problem.This should be evaluated by doctor and treat accordingly. You should take healthy diet,do some pelvic exercises and try to be happy in life. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX